Experientia docuit (Experience Teaches)
Tacitus, Histories (AD 100-110), Book V, Chapter 6.
Our Foundation First methodology refers to our system of planning prior to action. We place a high value on learning from experience and we have found that a lack of planning nearly always results in higher costs, longer development cycles, and frustrated people. This is why we work with our clients to plan a course of action before coding starts.
The typical project development cycle for our clients is as follows:
- The Project Manager meets with the Client to define the goals
- Once goals are defined, project detail documents and design comps are created
- Documents and comps are reviewed and revised as necessary
- When initial approval is granted by the Client, the documents are reviewed by the Project Engineer
- The Project Manager works with the Client to make any modifications or answer any questions from the Project Engineer
- The Project Engineer gives a final estimate on the engineering time and cost
- Programming commences with periodic reviews
- Project gets completed and new goals are defined starting the process again
Once our engineering team has given approval of the plan, you will have a completed blueprint to the successful completion of your project in hand. There is a reason why home, cars, or any complex structure is not built without plans. Websites should not be any different.